Committed to promoting academic and social achievement for all!
Important Upcoming Dates
· November 30th – Student of the Month Luncheon
· December 4th -Wear Red and Green- Students can participate
· December 9th _Wear Red and White- Students can participate
· December 10th – Staff PD Day – No students
· December 16th- Wear your North Pole Attire- Students can participate
· December 23rd to January 5th – Christmas Break
· January 7th – End of 1st Semester
· January 12th – Report Cards go home
· January 13th – Parent Conferences
· January 14th – ½ Professional Development (No Students)
· January 17th – MLK Holiday (No Students)
· January 21st – AR Party
Welcome to Sallie Humble Elementary!
We are where the pride begins! The road to Tiger-dome continues through Sallie Humble, after students come to us from our feeder school Lexington Elementary. We strive to make the learning environment at Sallie Humble challenging, but fun, as we prepare our students for junior high and beyond. Through rigorous academics and a variety of activities, Sallie Humble provides the best learning environment we can!
Mrs. Lissa Dumas
Mr. Dexter Houston
Mrs. Shannon Embanato
Here at Sallie Humble Elementary, we have taken extra precautions ensure that when our Teachers and Students return to school, their safety and well beings will be number one priority.
Given the unprecedented and uncertain times Covid-19 has created, Monroe City Schools is adapting to meet the needs of the students and families in our community. All families may decide to participate in Virtual School. If families decide to have their student(s) enter the school campus later in the school year, they may do so at the end of each nine weeks.
MCS has designed the virtual school to allow reentry into the school campus as seamless as possible. Students will remain enrolled at their school campus. If enrollment numbers allow, school staff will work to schedule students with teachers on their home campus. Curriculum, grading, attendance, and discipline policies will remain the same for Virtual School students as those on the school campus. This consistency will allow students to receive the same standards-based education with a high quality curriculum and transfer back to the campus when families are ready.